Many different things can cause an occasional bout of diarrhea in cats and kittens.
1. A change in food or water can cause temporary stomach upset.
2. Stress plays a big role in stomach upset with cats.
3. Intestinal parasites can also cause diarrhea in cats.
- We have found that a little pumpkin mixed in with a cat’s food can do
wonders for occasional diarrhea.
1. Mix a teaspoon of pumpkin into a can of wet cat food. A word of caution
though, too much pumpkin can also cause diarrhea.
2. If the diarrhea persists or becomes liquid, stop the pumpkin and contact
- If your cat or kitten has liquid diarrhea and is not eating or drinking for more
than one day, a visit to your veterinarian must be done.
– They can become dehydrated very quickly, and once they become
dehydrated, many other complications can quickly occur.